SENIOR WRITER/CAMPAIGN LEAD MICROSOFT 2018–PRESENT
SENIOR WRITER/EDITOR NORDSTROM 2017–2018
- Basically more of all of the stuff below.
SPECIAL PROJECTS WRITER/CREATIVE NORDSTROM 2015–PRESENT
- Concept and strategize big ideas, and execute copy deliverables across all channels (digital, ads, print, signage, blogs, emails, direct mail, etc.) for behemoth projects like the Nordstrom x Nike concept shop and Pop-In@Nordstrom shops; high-profile Designer Collections pop-ups, campaigns, and events; and biannual Fashion Week experiences.
- Conduct interviews; produce creative strategy decks; juggle all in-flight campaigns, monthly Pop-In Shops, and weekly Designer Collections content (emails, ads, site placements) at any given time; figure out what mall assets are (because apparently those are still a thing).
- Reevaluate, test, and optimize the email platform to create more editorial, engaging marketing content for a 21% increase in YOY demand (compared to the company average of 10%)—with minimal data and without increased allocation.
- Get scrappy, make new things and push boundaries, revamp editorial voices.
CO-OWNER + PHOTOGRAPHER MAX & SAM PHOTOGRAPHY 2012–PRESENT
- We're in the business of weddings, engagements, and general adventuring; I'm one-half of a duo that willingly documents tear shedding, secures boutonnières, gets sprayed by cans of PBR, and plunges headfirst into the middle of flailing limbs on a dance floor.
- Maintain an active social media voice, brand, and blog.
- Establish lasting client relationships (so much so we took an Icelandic vacation with clients-turned-buds).
- Be a Jane of All Trades and carry everything anyone might need when getting their photo taken.
- Employ (acrobatic) flexibility when faced with the unexpected—which is always when it comes to larger-than-life festivities.
MAKER + CONSULTANT FREELANCE PHOTO, COPY + ART 2006–PRESENT
- Tell big stories in small spaces (for individuals and larger brands).
- Create copy voices/decks, advise content flow and execution, provide art direction.
- Write advertising, narrative, informational, and marketing copy.
- Make editorial, portrait, and art-based imagery.
- Teach classes and workshops (art, craft, etc.).
- Selected features, exhibits, and clients include: Nordstrom, Seattle Met Magazine, Composition | Home, UBER, SOSH, Susy Sun Music, Prism, Cairo, Common Area Maintenance, Photo Center NW, STYLO Digital Agency, Parfum Magnét, Cosmic Twin Jewelry, Sandpoint Gallery
ART DIRECTOR, PHOTOGRAPHER, WRITER WRIT & WORN 2013–2015
- Co-founded Writ & Worn, a constantly evolving art blog that used imagery, prose, and collaborative efforts to stitch narratives and draw stories.
- Delved into all of the sordid stuff we spend a lot of time trying to forget.
DIGITAL CREATIVE MARKETING COPYWRITER NORDSTROM 2014–2015
- Brainstormed and executed all copy deliverables for large campaigns (site placements, emails, blog content, social media, video captions, ads, print, signage).
- Worked closely with design and other creative teams, UX, merchandising, and strategy to produce seamless user experiences.
- Wrote weekly site content, emails, and ads for several divisions and brands, flexing tone for each target audience as necessary.
- Produced A/B testing versions for ads, emails, and campaigns.
- In addition to my normal workload, I regularly contributed fresh copy and photography to the Nordstrom blogs, and produced creative strategy decks, guides, and glossaries.
DIGITAL PRODUCT COPYWRITER NORDSTROM 2012–2014
- Wrote concise yet evocative product copy for many different divisions and brands, tactfully inserting key words and phrases for SEO value without diminishing the pliant Nordstrom voice.
- Collaborated with the proofing team to establish new house style standards.
- Updated and launched copy voices for new brands and departments (like Topshop and Savvy).
- Worked closely with buying and operations in order to write tens of thousands of copy pieces a year while accommodating a 30% YOY growth in volume.
SERVICE MANAGER WELLS FARGO 2008–2012
- Managed direct reports, banking operations, regulatory performance (including year-round audit prep), product information, and highly competitive sales goals with a focus on maintaining client relationships while growing the business.
- Tailored products and packages to individual client needs including well-rounded financial advising to meet a diverse range of lifestyle needs.
- Interviewed and hired team members; guided employee growth and career development.
- Promoted a culture of camaraderie, service, and attention to detail.
EXHIBITION CO-DIRECTOR SANDPOINT GALLERY 2008–2008
- Collaborated with a team to concept, install, manage, and take down a collective exhibition of 30+ artists.
- Was solely responsible for designing and producing signage, artist biographies, and lookbook materials for aesthetic and experiential cohesiveness.